The browser you are using is not supported. Please consider using a modern browser.
Senior Support Services
Senior Support Services offers residents a helping hand to continue living independently. Daily meals, weekly housekeeping, laundry and personal services provide a little bit of assistance that can go a long way. At most sites, the senior nutrition program of the local Area Agency on Aging (AAA) contributes to the meal program. Services are catered to the needs of the individual and various service packages are offered to support aging in place. A subsidy is available to those eligible.
Senior Support Services is a Congregate Housing Services (CHS) Program certified and subsidized by the Maryland Department of Aging, for people 62 years of age and over who have some difficulty with essential activities of daily living. The program is offered at several of our senior housing communities, and is for low-income seniors. It is offered to prevent injury and illness, thereby helping to eliminate or delay the need for admission to a higher level of care.
About Congregate Housing Services
- Participants benefit from congregate dining, if enrolled in a meal service
- Ambulate independently or with an assistive device and, if using a wheelchair, transfer in and out of wheelchair independently
- Supervise their own medications or have a designated party (family/medication management provider) to manage medications
- Independently manage personal finances or have a responsible party to do so
- Should a resident’s physical or mental health deteriorate over time, it may become necessary for the resident and family to bring in additional services or plan for alternative living arrangements, in cooperation with the Senior Support Services Supervisor
Eligibility & Fees
Participants may be eligible for a subsidy based on the formula provided by the Maryland Department of Aging and dependent upon individual’s income and assets. An individual’s CHS fee is determined following a review of financial information. Please note: The CHS fee is in addition to the amount paid for rent. Participant subsidy is funded by the Maryland Department of Aging, Arundel Community Development Services, Inc., and private foundations including the the Edward N. and Della L. Thome Memorial Foundation, Bank of America, N.A., Trustee.
Congregate Housing Services Locations
Anne Arundel County:
Village Crossroads I
Village Crossroads I
Enrolling in Congregate Housing Services
If you are currently a resident of one of the locations listed above, ask to speak with your Senior Support Services Supervisor.
If you are not currently residing in one of the locations listed above, please visit Senior Communities to apply. On the application for housing, please check off “Yes” to the question regarding your interest in the Senior Support Services Program.