The browser you are using is not supported. Please consider using a modern browser.
Esperanza Center Services
Esperanza Center's Client Services program provides assistance and information to immigrants with a wide array of needs.
- Client Services
- Educational Services
- Health Services
- Legal Services
- Our History
- Volunteer at the Esperanza Center
- Esperanza Center Wish List
Client Services is often the first place clients visit at the Esperanza Center. Our program handles over 5,000 inquiries annually to help immigrants navigate their way through agencies dealing with social services, housing, employment training, and assistance with adapting to U.S. culture. Our bilingual staff provides information and referrals including translations, assistance with forms, community advocacy and general orientation, notarizations, public health education, and more.
Our bilingual staff provides the following services:
- Translations (Spanish/English)
- Income letters, support letters, child care authorization letters, travel consent letters, immigration invitation letters, limited foreign authorization letters, etc.
- Assistance with forms
- Notary services
- Community advocacy and orientation
- Assistance with school enrollment, applications for public benefits, assistance with housing and employment matters, utility service issues, etc.
- We assist immigrants with referrals to governmental or other nonprofit service providers for legal, housing, educational, transportation, and financial issues
- Services for crime victims:
- Assistance with reporting crime, requesting police reports, and hospital financial assistance, mental health assistance
Esperanza’s Educational Services program provides free or low-cost ESOL classes. We offer educational programs for adults:
Esperanza Center offers informal English for Speakers of other Languages (ESOL) classes. Please call 667-600-2901 or text 667-217-1095 for more information. Come learn with us! You won’t find more student-friendly and affordable language classes anywhere else in Baltimore!
The Esperanza Health Center Health Services Clinic (ECHC) provides free medical and dental services to uninsured immigrants in the metropolitan Baltimore region who do not qualify for government-sponsored health insurance. The clinic offers no-cost quality primary and preventive care for adults and children. Services are provided by dedicated volunteers and staff, in partnership with Johns Hopkins Medical Institute. We offer medical services with appointments only from Monday – Friday.
To learn more about our health services, click here.
Attention: ILS has resumed consultations for new clients, by appointment only. We are continuing to serve all clients with open cases, and to recruit and train pro bono attorneys. For questions regarding immigration legal services, please call 667-600-2922.
Immigration Legal Services was founded in 1994 to provide low-cost legal counseling and representation in humanitarian and family-based immigration matters. ILS recruits attorneys, law students, paralegals, and others to volunteer in our office, during business hours, under the supervision of our staff. 667-600-2922.
To learn more about our legal services, click here.